Don’t let a roof leak cause unnecessary damage. Call us and let us track it down expertly and quickly. We will repair it and fix it right the first time. Our technicians are experienced, skilled craftsmen in the industry. Call today. We guarantee your complete satisfaction.
For roof leak repair, call 503-221-7035 Eastside, or 503-636-6690 Westside. We offer free estimates.
If you have a roof leak, it may be telling you something. Here are 10 warning signs that can be present at different stages. Each of these is a reason for concern.
- Algae. Algae often grow for long periods of time. In addition to being unsightly and aggravating to remove, it could mean other troubles.
- Buckling shingles. Buckled shingles occur when hot air from an attic forces the shingles to buckle away from the home. Buckled shingles cannot adequately protect a home from the weather.
- Curling shingles. Curled shingles invite a roof leak. They occur when hot air from an attic forces the shingles to curl away from the home. Curled shingles cannot adequately protect a home from the weather. They also are a sign of inadequate ventilation.
- Damaged flashing. Damaged flashing is a significant problem. When flashing isn’t properly sealed, it instead creates a highway for water to seep into a home.
- Granule Loss. Granule loss often occurs to shingles as they age or when they’ve been exposed to extreme weather. When shingles begin to lose their granules, the roof becomes weaker and less capable of protecting a home from future storms.
- Lack of attic ventilation. A lack of attic ventilation can lead to a number of troubles. Vents allow air into the attic; as a result, it keeps it cool in the hot sun. Without vents to create circulation, the air inside the attic gets extremely hot and will bake the shingles, causing them to deteriorate at a rapid pace.
- Missing shingles. Missing shingles expose your home directly to inclement weather. In addition to being unsightly, missing shingles are one of the leading reasons for water damage to homes.
- Mold. Mold can often occur due to a roof leak. Mold is extremely difficult to detect. It can only be seen by looking into the attic of a home. Should mold be discovered, it should be removed immediately—-it’s a very serious health risk.
- Roof rot. Rot is a true sign of serious decay. Your home is not protected from the elements.
- Ceiling spots. These are the dark patches that latch onto roofs. More than a cosmetic problem, patches can indicate a weakness in the roof.
It makes good sense to have a roof leak inspection performed regularly. Leave it for too long, and weather, age, and corrosion can do a number on your house top – and now you’ve got a leak on your hands.
Don’t let a leak – or your suspicion of one – linger. We’ll come right out and evaluate the damage, and let you know what you can expect in terms of time and cost. We’re quick, efficient, and we get the job done right the first time. And the only way to be certain that your house is in tip-top shape is to have the roofing regularly inspected by one of our trained professionals.
For expert roof moss removal and other roof services, call 503-221-7035 Eastside, or 503-636-6690 Westside. We offer free estimates.
Call Cedar Roofs NW for roof leak repair:
Oregon: Portland, Lake Oswego, West Linn, Beaverton, Tigard, Tualatin, Sherwood, Wilsonville, Gresham, Oregon City, and Clackamas.